Different Types of Dentures
Hughes & Owen offer modern, comfortable dentures for patients who need an effective solution to tooth loss. Each patient has different needs and we have a complete selection of affordable dentures to suit different budgets, aesthetic preferences and oral health requirements.
Your Hughes & Owen dentist will recommend the most relevant and effective treatment for your needs.
- Partial Dentures: Partial dentures are used to replace a single tooth, or a few teeth rather than a full arch. This type of denture is usually used because the tooth or teeth have been lost through injury or extraction.
- Complete Dentures: Complete dentures are fitted when one or both arches of teeth have been lost. Complete dentures can be used in combination with partial dentures if necessary.
- Dentures & Implants: Dental implants are advanced dental technology, acting to replace the tooth root and providing a sturdy anchor for stabilising dentures.
- Same Day Dentures: It may be that a patient visits us to have a tooth extracted, or on the same day an injury has caused them to lose a tooth. In this circumstance we may be able to fit a same day denture so that the patient doesn't have to have a gap in their teeth at any point.
- Different Denture Materials: For the most effective individual treatment the right denture material must be used and different denture materials suit different needs:
- Acrylic Resin: Acrylic resin is a very hard plastic that is commonly used to make durable, effective, natural looking dentures.
- Flexible Resin: Flexible resin is used when the denture material needs to be flexible enough to fit around certain parts of the mouth.
- Cobalt Chromium: Cobalt Chromium is a modern material used to make durable dentures. The dentures use a combination of metal and acrylic to create a thinner and more supportive denture that encourages healthy gums.
What To Expect When You Come For A Denture Consultation?
When you visit us for a denture consultation we will take our time getting to know your expectations, and reasons for wanting dentures. Understanding your needs is so important to us and ensures that we can provide a precise solution for your individual requirements.
We will also complete a full examination along with any relevant X-rays. This is to check how ready your oral tissues are to accept dentures, and to check if there are any medical issues that need to be resolved before dentures can be used. Once we have all of this information we can provide you with realistic treatment options along with transparent timescales and pricing.
Modern dentures are now much more comfortable and durable than traditional versions so why not call in to Hughes & Owen to see how we can improve your denture wearing experience?